So, what do you think of the music? Does it take you back? Do you remember Kermit the Frog singing in a pasture with two cows singing back-up as sheep, cats, dogs, and monkeys jump up in the air behind him? Mommy has found much enjoyment with Sprout's "Play With Me Sesame" as it flips back and forth between the current Muppet reditions of Ernie, Bert, Prairie Dawn, and Grover and the older versions and clips from Mommy's childhood. So much fun, and so many memories.
You will notice the second song to play is "The Wonderful Thing about Tiggers." William just starts smiling ear to ear when he hears Tigger start to sing, so Mommy moved it up the playlist. "Mairzy Doats" is a happy memory of my Papa who used to sing it often. And "Winnie-the-Pooh" is, of course, my beloved Winnie who I still have, all stitched and held loosely together by the red pajamas my Mama had to make for a much loved bear.
On another "note"--ha, ha--is Mommy's exercise regime. She is trying her best to get a Wii fit session in every day, but it doesn't always happen. She would like to be able to get it done while William naps, but as he does not like naps, either she cannot get it in or she must do her best with William helping her out. He really likes to help when she does the floor portion of yoga or strength training. He loves to help Mommy do the cobra and the bridge, but his favorite exercise to help her with is the jackknife. Mommy does this routine every time she does the Wii fit to work on her abs. William likes to put extra weight on her belly by flopping across her and attempting head dives off the other side. Today, though, he did his own training during the jackknife. As Mommy was working her abs, William practiced standing! Over and over again, giggling the whole time, William would push up on Mommy and then stand all by himself as she did a couple (or three) jackknives. William was thrilled with himself, and Mommy was so proud!
1 comment:
If I can figure out how, I'll make you a copy of the Mommy & Me DVD my mom got me after I had Nathan. It's lots of pilates and yoga stuff that I don't have the core strength to do with Nathan without squishing him yet! Sadly, I need people to get me motivated, so on that note, I'm glad David decided he wanted to do triathlons — we got to join the gym I wanted to join a few months ago.
Post a Comment