Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Like Father, Like Son

I went to take a shower this morning and needed a safe place for Charles to be trapped.  I put him in his crib, turned on his music, and told William to play with him and keep him company.  After getting ready in my room, I suddenly heard Charles' voice a little too close to my doorway.  I looked in the hall and saw William leading Charles out of his room.  He had taken Charles out of the crib!  I asked him how he did it (he still can't quite explain it, and I'm actually a little scared to know), and then he said Charles climbed out of the crib.  He said he had gone downstairs to get a drink and came back up to find Charles on the floor.  Then William broke into a big grin and said he was joking, that he had taken Charles out of the crib.  Great.  Just the worry I need.  Good bye safe spot!

Daddy's mom told me how she was in her kitchen when little Daddy ran down the hall, smiling so proudly and said, "Look what I did!  I taught Jamie how to climb out of her crib!"  All the things Daddy blames on Mommy for passing down to William, now I definitely have something to blame on him!

No comments: