Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Holiday with all the candles

At school, William's class has been reading different holiday books. Most of the titles have been about Christmas, but one day they read about Hanukkah and the next day they read about Kwanza.

On Fridays, Disney Channel plays Christmas specials. One of those was Special Agent OSO. That episode is about the holiday lights and features Advent and Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanza. I recorded it for William to watch because the beginning is really cool with OSO skiing down a mountain and decorating all the trees. When William heard the song about all the lights, he asked me the name of the holiday with all the candles. I told him the holiday we celebrate with candles is Advent and reminded him of our Advent wreath. He said, "No, the one with all the candles." Knowing what he was looking for, I said Hanukkah and Kwanza. He replied, "Yeah! We should celebrate them!" So cute! But then I had to do a very light religion talk.

No comments: