I gave William his first haircut today. In fact, it was just a moment ago. He woke up from his nap, but he didn't wake up completely. I turned on PBS and let him watch the last songs of Barney. Caillou came on right after, and William was transfixed, so I pulled out the scissors from the coffee table drawer and started snipping. At first he didn't notice, but when he did, he was okay with me cutting his hair. He just didn't want me cutting the front, so that has been left alone.
Daddy and I left his hair alone for these nearly two years first because it took so long to grow in the first place, and second because we thought we'd leave it "pure," as we laughingly quote some starlet. But his hair is thin (he got Mommy's hair) and it was looking more like a mullet than a fashionably longer do. This is just one more step of him growing quickly into a little boy.
Before...

After...
1 comment:
Gonna miss the mullet - Uncle Jason
Post a Comment