William's vocabulary and conversation skills are growing so fast that I am both amazed and amused by what he says. Today he was watching TV after school and suddenly fell off the couch. I asked if he was ok, and he said he hit his arm. Then he came up to me and held out his right arm and said, "I hit arm--need ice." I had to go to the freezer to get his bear ice (a bear cover on a baby ice pack) for him to put on his arm. He pulled up his sleeve, placed the ice pack on his arm and let it sit for three seconds before saying, "OK, all done." He heals so quickly!
We stopped at Starbucks after church on Sunday. Daddy ran inside while William and I stayed in the car. I turned on my iPOD to Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours," and William, after sitting quietly, suddenly said in a small voice while looking out the window, "Tree's dancing." Sure enough, the tree next to our car was dancing in the wind--or maybe it was the song.
At another Starbucks stop, William and I went inside with Daddy. While Daddy stayed in line, William took me to the back of the store to the alcove in front of the restrooms. He walked into the alcove and turned around, pointing up to the wall above the doorway. "Robot in store." Yes, indeed, there is a robot looking down on all the people coming in and out of the restrooms at Starbucks.
Monday, October 18, was a special Mickey Mouse Clubhouse magical day on Disney Channel. They played Mickey Mouse Clubhouse all morning, and one of the episodes playing before William and I left for school was Mickey's Adventures in Wonderland. I had to record it before we left the house or William would not go to school that day. We got home and started watching the partially recorded show--the last 45 minutes of the hour long program. William loved it! He then watched it evey day for the rest of the week, requesting Mickey and Donald chasing the coo-coo. Saturday, William wanted to watch the show, so it was playing while Daddy was sitting at the computer. I heard Daddy praise William--"That's great! You got the answer right!" Then as William answered more and more questions, Daddy was even more impressed. Finally he asked, "Is he getting these right, or has he watched it that much?" The truth--he watched it that much. But he still learned all the correct answers!
No comments:
Post a Comment