When William started school in September, we ordered a cute toddler backpack with his name embroidered on it, and we also bought two water bootles from Babies R Us with "William" made as the design on the side. William had his water bottle in school for three days when it disappeared. It didn't make it through the first week of school! The second bottle stayed home--it is too expensive to disappear after a few days. Instead, I sent one of those plastic cups that somes with the children's dinner at Chili's or Red Lobster, etc. They are essentially free, so if it vanished, it would not be a big deal. The cups came home for the next few weeks until last Thursday when one disappeared. No big deal--it was disposable. But then another one vanished on Tuesday. Two in less than a week! I mentioned it to his teacher, and she said she would put it in his backpack as soon as they finished breakfast.
Today when I went to get William from school, the receptionist at the front desk said Miss Sam, William's teacher, found out what was happening to the cups. William was throwing them away! The children clean up after their snacks for which they are given small plastic cups to drink from. William cleans up too well, it seems. He is not only throwing away the tiny cup, but his morning juice cup as well. Miss Sam was able to rescue today's cup, but, alas, the others are gone for good.
Post script~
William was drinking water from his turvis tumbler cup this afternoon. He asked for more water, and I filled the cup again. Apparently it was a little too full and sloshed onto the table when William picked it up. He turned to me and said, "Napkin, please." I took him a napkin and he said, "I do it," and wiped up the mess. Good job!
1 comment:
Oh, I'm jealous! Mine will put his shoes away, but he thinks that turning his cup full of water over on my dining room table is much fun. Ahh, dinner. Such an interactive sport these days!
Post a Comment