Monday, March 14, 2011

bite at school

I got to school this afternoon to pick up William. His class was playing in the gym, but there was a note in William's cubby--a white accident/injury report. A white report means something happened to William, and not that William did anything. William was bitten by another child this morning when they were playing in the gym with another class. According to Miss Becky, another boy (William told me it was a kid names Yanni) was getting in William's face. William defended himself (Miss Becky's words) and pushed him away. The boy didn't like that and bit William's finger. His finger had four little holes in it where the skin was broken. The report listed the type of treatment given--and basically every choice was circled: cleaned with soap/water; antiseptic applied; bandage applied; ice applied; rest provided; consoled child. I helped console him after school, too (although he was fine). When he asked to go to the donut store (Wawa), of course I took him. He got to get a green shamrock donut and a fruit punch with Lightning McQueen on it.

No comments: