Monday, March 7, 2011

a funny thing happened on the way to school

Friday as Mommy was getting William strapped into his car seat, William suddenly said we had to leave the house because there was a dragon inside. As we drove down our road, he told me, "It's coming!" We had to stop at the stop sign, and William started telling me, "Hurry, Mommy! Hurry! It's catching us!" The dragon followed us all the way to school. As we parked the car, William pointed through the woods and said, "Here is comes!" When I picked him up that afternoon, William told me the dragon was locked in the closet at school.

This morning as I was getting William dressed, he told me there was a witch in the house. Then he elaborated--it was a green witch. (Wizard of Oz?) This witch followed us to school, too, and was joined by the dragon. When I picked William up (now this is from 7:30 in the morning until 4:00 in the afternoon), William told me "the witch kicked down the door at school." Really now! That was an ornery witch!

No comments: