Monday, April 4, 2011

Good Big Brother

Mommy had a doctor's appointment this afternoon.  When William was told about it, he told me he wanted to go, too.  As soon as I got to school to pick him up, William immediately asked if we were going to the doctor.  William sat up on the table with me when we got to listen to the baby's heartbeat.  The nurse (not my favorite) tried to find the baby's heartbeat, and we heard a heartbeat until the doctor suddenly opened the door and said, "That's the mom's." And then said he would find it when he got back.  I thought it was kind of funny he was exasperated with her.  I had thought the heartbeat was kind of slow.  Anyway, after William couldn't hear the heartbeat anymore, he asked, "Is the baby better?"  He was concerned we were at the doctor because the baby was sick.  I told him the baby was fine--we were just listening to its heartbeat.

When the doctor got back and found the baby's heartbeat, it was much faster than mine--that sounded much better.  William looked up at the doctor and asked, "Is the baby crying?"  The doctor replied that the baby was laughing. 

When we got home and when Daddy drove up, I told him to tell Daddy where we had been.  He said we beat the baby.  Huh?  Then he clarified, with a little help, that we heard the baby's heartbeat.  He is such a sweetheart.

No comments: