Our family loves the Lorax. I actually had a copy of the book in a Dr. Seuss anthology but had never read it until Read Across America week this year. We pulled out all of our Dr. Seuss books and found that none of us had ever read the story of the Lorax. What a powerful story! The family did a craft day and made lots of Truffula Tree trunks to take to William's class, and we went to school so I could read the story to them and have them put together their own Truffula Trees. They also ate chocolate Teddy Grahams as Bar-ba-loots. The picture above is William's Truffula Tree.
I wanted to take the boys to see the movie but waited until today since I knew the opening weekend would be packed. Even waiting until three weeks later to see it, and going at 11:45 on a Friday morning, there were still many families in the theater. William loved the movie. He watched so intenly and asked very approriate questions. He wanted to know why the Lorax was sending the animals away, and he wanted to know why the Lorax himself had to leave. He also did not like the bad guy. Charles watched very closely, too. I hope my boys continue to care a whole lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment