Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Brotherly Love

When William got off the bus today, I had left Charles inside watching Sesame Street. As William and I walked back up the yard to the house, Charles came charging out the front door, calling "William!" and gave him a huge bear hug. It was so sweet!

After lunch, we went outside in the backyard to play tickle run. We also collected black acorns (unusual--I've never seen them before). We then moved into the front yard to collect pine cones. Charles disappeared, so I asked William where he went. He said Charles was in the backyard and went to find him. A little bit later, he came back around front in a panic, saying Charles was missing and would be gone forever. He started crying. I looked up and down the sidewalk to make sure he hadn't wandered and then went to the backyard. I called for Charles and scanned the playhouse, but no Charles. William was frantic and sobbing, "He's lost forever! Charles! Charles!" I calmly walked into the house from the back porch to find Charles standing in front if the TV watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with the hibiscus hula. He was perfectly fine. I waved William in. He was shocked that he had been able to get inside by himself and had to calm his tears. He was still crying and telling me the possibility of what could have happened. I had Charles hug William again to reassure him. Oh, my boys.

No comments: