Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Friends
Mommy and William had to venture out in the rain today to run a few errands. Our last stop was to the library where they had a book on hold for Mommy (yay! a grown -up book). As we turned on the street to the library, William suddenly called out "friends!" We spend every Thursday at the library's playtime. Then he started naming his best friends there: "Ian" (he says Ee-an with a big pause between the two vowel sounds) and "Dylan." He was ready to go play, but I had to explain they would not be there today because it was Tuesday and not Thursday. When we got inside, I checked out the book, but William wanted to go in the children's area. He walked in and hurried around the stacks to the tables where they color and stopped short with a deflated look on his face--no friends. Poor little guy. He really thought they would be there. He was ready to run around the library with his friends on this rainy day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! I LOVE that our boys are friends! It thrills me to no end that Ian has little buddies to grow up and play with...and mommy has her own grown-up pal, too!
I look forward to seeing you on Thursday at library class, where we will once again run the equivalent of at least a 5K up and down the aisles, chasing after our little boys!
Post a Comment