Well, December has been quite busy, as my lack of posting must surely lead you to believe. Between school, church, colds, and shopping, there has been little time to sit at the computer. Unheard of for me is to leave email unchecked, and yet I have gone two days on a row at times without checking messages.
So let me catch you up. William now has a new phrase: "Yes, I do." As in, do you want juice? Yes, I do. Do you want to go out in the snow? Yes, I do. Do you want Goldfish? Yes, I do. Today, Mommy had to get gas for the car. We hurried up the road to Wawa after picking William up from school, and as soon as he saw the buidling, he said, "Doughnut store? I want a doughnut." When we got inside, I showed him everything in the fresh baked display, and William asked, with hand turn up, "Where blueberry muffins?" I told him they were out, so he picked another item. Once we got in the car, he said, "William ate the blueberry muffins." I asked, "You ate all the blueberry muffins and that's why the store doesn't have them?" And he answered, "Yes, I do."
Wednesday night, William had friends over for dinner and play time. He had a stinky diaper that was not allowed to be changed until the friends left, so by the time we got him upstairs, his bottom was a little irritated. The next morning, Daddy had a workshop, so he did not leave at his early time and was in charge of getting William up and dressed and off to school. Mommy was told Thursday night that William told Daddy his "peanut" hurt and was broken. Chuckle for the mispronunciation, but poor baby.
A couple of weeks ago, William was on a powdered doughnut kick. One afternoon after getting home from school, he told Mommy he wanted a powdered doughnut. When he was told we were all out, he grabbed Mommy's hand, and pulling her toward the door, said, "Go to the store."
Two weeks ago, our church had our Christmas party. The party began right after the service, and we had a great lunch while William played with the other children. One of the parishioners was all set up with his guitar and speakers to sing Christmas songs for our entertainment. After singing one song that William really liked and had started bopping to, William called out, "Again!" He was ready for the song to be replayed! Little by little as the party wore on, other children left. We were still there because only one of us could eat while the other watched William and made sure he didn't escape out the door. We were also wondering where Mrs. Claus was--she was supposed to visit. As we were getting ready to leave (it was past William's nap time, and he had settled himself in the children's book section of our church library where he cound a book called "Hush, Little Alien" (there are secular books in the library along with religious), Mrs. Claus finally arrived. William was the only child left. She tried to read the night before Christmas to William, but he could care less as he flipped through his alien book. Finally Mrs. Claus asked if she could read that book to him. He allowed it, so we have a picture of Mrs. Claus reading a book of green aliens to William. (By the way, she said there are aliens at the North Pole, which is fitting because William called our elf on the shelf, Marzipan, and alien a couple of days before.)
William is once again having fun finding Marzipan, our elf on the shelf, each morning. He starts off saying, "Where is Marzipan?" and then lists all the places he is not--the places where he has been before. "He is not on camel. He is not on tree. He is not on light." One day he couldn't fins him and said, "He at North Pole!"
We went to see Santa Claus the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It was suddenly very windy and cold, and William did not want to wear a coat. He was all out of sorts because we had not had a cold day like that yet this year. We went inside the buidling where Santa was, and William got a picture with him, but what he really wanted was the pretzel rods he called chips sitting at a nearby display. He went back to visit Santa so he could ask him for chips to eat.
William is now very into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. If he could have his way, he would sit on the sofa underneath his green blanket and watch it every day. He has memorized the episodes recorded on our DVR and asks for them by name. "I want Mickey Mouse Clubhouse jungle." "I want Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Pete's party." He does the same for his Chip and Dale DVD. One day he asked for Chip and Dale with trick. Daddy and I could not figure out which episode that was. We tried starting different ones, and he would get upset--"No, trick!" Finally I set the DVD to the episode guide with the freeze frame pictures, and he pointed excited at the screen saying, "that one trick!" It was Chip and Dale fighting over a cute girl chipmunk and playing tricks on each other. Today the request is Chip and Dale, Donald with pancakes." Today he was smart enough to point to the picture on the back of the DVD case so I would know what he was talking about.
I was just interupted from writing as William grabbed my hand and said, "I want more muffin. Out the door to the doghnut store." Thank goodness I have cornbread muffins already baked. This little boy sure knows what he wants.
No comments:
Post a Comment