Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sweetheart

With spring break and craziness getting the house organized after bringing back some wonderful additions from SC, I can finally add some cuteness from William.

One of the things brought back from SC was a king size bed for Mommy and Daddy.  William inherited the double bed that had been in our room.  He took his naps in there on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, and Sunday night he was ready to try it overnight--except he wanted Mommy to stay with him.  After looking through the house for an alarm clock for the room that would also serve as a night light to Mommy to make it for baby induced potty breaks during the night, we crashed.  William was exhausted after spending the afternoon playing with his cousin Samuel.  I got up for a 2:30 potty break and realized I was wet.  William, who has had no accidents for a month, was apparently so asleep that he wet the bed.  I got him up, changed his clothes, put him in bed with Daddy, and stripped the bed.  The next morning when I took William into his room to get him dressed, he stopped at the door with his jaw dropped open.  "What happened to my bed?!?"  I told him it got wet overnight.  He responded, "I didn't do it!"  He had no memory of being changed or moved to another room.  He then asked in a quiet, unsure voice, "It's not my bed anymore?" 

Monday, I picked William up from school and told him we were going to meet Daddy at AAA (Triple A) to plan our trip to see Thomas the Train.  William responded, "Chick-fil-A!  That sounds like fun!"  So guess where we ended up for dinner that night?  He wanted to check out our new restaurant and its playground.

Tuesday, after William's bath, he asked to go to the treat store.  I told him I was i the mood for a treat, too, but not from the treat store--from the ice cream stand down the street.  We grabbed Daddy and as we started heading for the door, I said, "Come on, Sweetheart."  William looked up with this huge grin on his face and said, "I'm a sweetheart?!?"  He was so thrilled with the moniker, and I was touched that he liked it so much.

No comments: