Sunday, June 5, 2011

Terrible Threes?

William has started giving us fits!  When he wakes up in the mornings, he doesn't want to get dressed but asks to wear his pajamas to school.  When we pick out clothes for him, he doesn't want to wear them or says they "have to match."  Really--a fashionsista?  After battling for twenty minutes, he will finally choose the clothes that were picked out for him in the beginning.  Argh!  Then there is the "undoing" of anything Mommy does.  William had long, dirty fingernails, so Mommy cut them.  William had a fit demanding his "dirty nails put back on!"  When we were mulching the yard, William climbed the mulch maountain and had a blast--only his shoes got dirty.  He didn't wear them for a few days because they were covered in mulch.  Finally I decided to clean them before school, using a wipe to get the dirt off.  Again, a fit.  "I want mulch back on!"  Last week, I cut William's hair while we were sitting outside on the front porch watching the sprinklers.  It was actually very soothing until Wiliam demanded "hair back on!"  Oh my goodness!

No comments: