Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fun days at school

Yesterday William had Wacky Wednesday at school. It is part of Respect week against bullying. William was very worried he would be laughed at. So sad he already worries about peer pressure. I convinced him to participate, telling him the point of the day is you like your friends no matter what they wear or how they are different. When we got to school, though, my heart sank. Several kids were not in wacky clothes. I said a quick prayer for kids to please dress up. Out of a van popped one of William's classmates in a Superman cape and backwards plaid shirt. Phew!

Today was team day to stand up together against bullying. William wore his Clemson outfit. This one he was excited about. After school, he had a play date with a neighbor. I wanted a little quiet time when the house cleared, so Charles went down for a nap and, while I cut William's nails, I told him to lie down and pretend he was sinking through the floor. Bingo! He fell fast asleep. Three minutes later, Charles woke up. Oh, well.

No comments: