Monday, October 1, 2012
Talking about Heaven
After putting Charles in his crib, I told the boys we needed to say our prayers. William said, "No one likes to say prayers." I asked if he liked to talk to God, and he said yes. I told him prayers are how we talk to God. William said he wanted to talk to MeMa and asked how to do that. I told him he could talk to her through his heart. William then said he wanted to talk to Jesus about MeMa. We told Jesus how we had been thinking about her and how we had so many reminders of her. For example, William showed me his little plush barn with small plush dog, cat, bird, and bunny. He said, "MeMa gave this to me." He asked me how to get to Heaven. I said Jesus comes to get you and shows you the way. He asked how Jesus takes you there, and I had to answer that I did not know. He told me that he wanted to go to Heaven. I told him Heaven is wonderful, but once you go to Heaven, you can't come back. He asked if there are lots of toys in Heaven, and I said I am sure there are. He then asked if God gets mad at you in Heaven. I asked if he wanted to know since we got angry with one another today. He said yes. I said that Heaven is such a happy place with so much love that I hope anger and sadness and things that make us mad are not there and there would be no reason to be angry. William made a comment earlier in the day about death that made me cry. I just pray that I answer his questions well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment