We had a great week at our house. William loves his school--and that has made all the difference. Mommy wakes up at 5:30 in the morning now to get dressed, get breakfast together for William to take to school, and then have time to ease William awake and get him dressed and out the door. William is waking between 6:30 and 6:45. He drinks his milk and watches a little Special Agent OSO before we get him dressed. Then he says a quick "Bye bye Manny" (Handy Manny is the next show on) before heading for the door.
William is excited as we pull in his school parking lot in the mornings, although he does still cry a little when I drop him off. A couple of times as I have tried to open his classroom door with my hands full of his breakfast and other needed items, he has tried to run back towards the front door, but his teacher, Miss Sam, holds him as I leave. Yesterday, I told William to show Miss Sam his dinosaur shirt, and when she asked him about it, he stopped crying and was able to give me a small wave good-bye.
When I pick William up in the afternoons, he is playing and having a great time! In fact, Wednesday when I went to get him, I had to get his attention after I walked in the room. He ran over to me, calling out "Mommy!", hugged my knees, and then ran back to the other side of the room to keep playing. I am so happy he likes his school!
Today we went on a special family outing: we went to Johnson's Farm and met Curious George! I have never seen such a crowd, and we waited in line for an hour and a half (ok, a combination of either Mommy or Daddy waited alone while William toured the Animal Barnyard or went to take a water break under the picnic tent). We then went on a hayride to pick a special apple for William and then let him wander through the pumpkin patch.
Here's hoping for another great week!
1 comment:
We were going to take Ian to see Curious George, too! After hearing you waited 1 1/2 hours, I'm kind of glad we didn't! Sam thought he might be afraid of George and ruin his love for the show (often our saver when we need a major distraction). Sounds like you've had a great intro to school...for all three of you!
Post a Comment