As an extra Halloween treat, William was given a stuffed animal version of Max, the Grinch's dog, by Mema. When we got home, we explained that the animal with the weird horns is a dog dressed like a reindeer. We showed William the pictures of Lang Se dressed as Max from a few Christmases ago. When telling William the dog's name is Max, William replied, "Maximus." It took a second to ponder that one. Then I remembered meeting Maximus at William's school two days before.
Yesterday afternoon, the family was lounging in the den (with Daddy so relaxed he fall asleep). William came up to Mommy and asked for "Green solda." Mommy repeated, "Green soda?" and William said, "Green solda." Huh? I told William he didn't drink soda, and then asked when he had green soda. Then I asked if he was saying green soldier--though he doesn't have one, and I don't think he has ever played with one. He shook his head and repeated,"Green solda."
I went into the laundry room to transfer loads of laundry, and William asked to go out in the garage. I opened the door, but explained that it was cold--especially for a little boy with no pants. (They were shed during a diaper change and not allowed back on.) After a few more requests to go in the garage, I allowed it. He hurried down the stairs and right over to his green stroller! He started unfolding his umbrella stroller so he could climb in. He was ready for a walk! When I told him it was chilly, he wanted it inside. Once inside in the den, he climbed in and asked for the seat belt to be fastened. He then sat in his green stroller and watched TV for the next hour. The boy is a character! He knows exactly what he wants--Mommy and Daddy just have to focus on what he is saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment