Friday, February 18, 2011

My Darling Boy

Last Saturday, the 12th, William and Daddy went to the grocery store to pick up a few items. I took the opportunity to enjoy a long shower and relax in my bathrobe and read a couple of magazines while I had the house to myself. When the boys got back home, William came upstairs with a big grin on his face, carrying a pink rose. He brought it to me and said, "This for you!" After Daddy prompted him, he said, "Happy Valentime's Day!" When Daddy had asked him what he wanted to give Mommy, William answered a pink flower. He picked out the rose himself. That was the sweetest Valentine's present ever!

Wednesday morning, William did not want to wake up and get dressed. Daddy tried to get William changed and into clothes, as has become our routine, but William wanted nothing to do with any of it. He was cranky and cried. Daddy and Mommy were already late after sleeping a half hour later than planned. Daddy got really frustrated and as he told William he had to leave or he would be late for work, plus he still had to take out the trash, William cried that he wanted his Daddy, but he still didn't want to get dressed. Finally we convinced him to get dressed and he could help Daddy take out the trash. Things calmed from there, but Daddy had to rush to school. After William and Mommy finished getting ready for school, packing breakfasts and lunches and warming up the car, we headed off to William's school. Once we parked in the parking lot, William suddenly said, "Want sorry Daddy." What? I asked. "Want sorry Daddy." Hmmm...He recognized that the morning was bad and wanted to say he was sorry. I like that.

Wednesday night, Daddy had to go back to school to work the basketball clock, so William and Mommy did dinner together before Mommy had to go to choir practice. Afterwards, we sat on the sofa together to watch TV, but when I leaned over for some cuddle time, William whipped up his head and whacked me with his head right in my ear so that my glasses rammed the side of my head. Ouch! Needing a moment, I went upstairs to be by myself for a bit and sat on the bed. Before I knew it, I was dozing. Half hoping William's MeMa would forget about coming over to babysit, I allowed myself o fall asleep. After a bit, I heard William come upstairs. He stopped when he saw me and then walked quietly over to the bed. He crawled up beside me, and without saying a word, lay down beside me. After a while, MeMe arrived and knocked on the door, waking me up. William sat up and said, "You awake now?" and reached out for a hug. Such a sweetheart! He let me sleep for a teeny power nap.

No comments: