Sunday, February 27, 2011

So many words!

A couple of weeks back, William and I were driving in the car playing with my iPOD, and William asked for the tiger song. Of course that tiger song would be the Clemson University Tiger Band playing Tiger Rag with the energetic drumming before hand. As soon as he heard the drum beats, he yelled out "C-L-M-O-S-N!" Pretty good, I thought since it has been at least a month since he last heard it. I'm falling down in my training, though. Gotta work on those cheers!

Yesterday afternoon, William fell took his nap right before we were supposed to go to dinner with MeMa and Jake. When he woke up, it was like he had been reprogrammed and was talking up a storm! We hurried to the car to get to the restaurant, but before we could get in, William had to inspect the tree branches in the yard that are left from the tree that fell onto our power lines and hung over our driveway last weeked. As I strapped him into his seat, he said, "Mommy, I want to ask you a tree question. What part of the tree was in the driveway?" The complexity of the build up to the question cracked Daddy and me up. So funny! And yet so impressive!

Once we got the the restaurant, an Outback, William looked at the back and saw a barn-shaped storage unit. Suddenly he called out, "What the heck?!" That was my thought. Where did he get that phrase? OK, I can probably guess, but I had to change his question for him to, "What is that?"

No comments: